Hints and Tips
Here at NG Bailey we want to make sure you submit the best application you can. We receive many thousands of applications when our vacancies open and we want to help you stand out from the crowd.
Make sure you read the hints and tips below before you start.
- Read the application form all the way through before you write anything. Then draft your answers before you start filling in the form
- Give yourself enough time - completing a good job application will take longer than you think
- Make sure you select the right location. If you are looking to relocate tell us in your application form
- Have you looked at our website and apprenticeship page? Do you understand what our business does? We expect applicants to demonstrate that they have researched our business and the role they are applying for.
- Make sure your application is your own work. Don’t copy and paste from the internet – or anywhere else. It is surprisingly obvious!
- Follow all the instructions and answer the questions asked (yes, it is a bit like an exam!)
- Consider the content of your answers, do they contain enough detail? Short or incomplete answers will have a negative impact on your application.
- Don’t take any “shortcuts”, make sure you answer questions in full. For example, ‘See CV’ is not an acceptable response to an application question
- Is your CV relevant for the job? If you’ve applied for a particular apprenticeship have you tailored your CV to reflect the role you are interested in?
- Ask someone to read through your application once you have finished. One final check won’t do any harm!