8 Aug 2018
One Approach to Business - Our Business Responsibility Strategy
Earlier this year we completed our five year One Approach to Business strategy which outlines our responsibility targets and goals as a business.
Each year we report against these commitments and we’re pleased to say that in this final phase of the strategy, we have a lot to be proud of. A few of our achievements from 2017/18 include:
- Generating almost 4.5million kWh of energy from our investment in solar and biomass renewable energy
- Saving our customers 118,000 tonnes of carbon! That’s equivalent to 22 times our own carbon footprint
- Engaging with over 1,600 students and introduced them to the world of engineering
- Leading the industry in the development of building information modelling (BIM) to reduce waste and improve efficiencies
- Employing 43 new apprentices and offering 15 apprenticeship programmes across the business
- Supporting over 400 charitable giving applications from our people across the Group and donating over £27,000 in charitable giving.
To make this kind of impact takes a real team effort and would not be possible without the help of our people, so we’re grateful to everyone who has helped bring the strategy to life and make a real difference for our customers, communities and the environments in which we work.
Full details of our One Approach performance can be found in our 2018 Responsibility Report.